Installing Your Decal Lettering
Tools You’ll Need for the Job
- Paper Towels
- Masking Tape
Clean Your Workable Area
Before applying your new decal, clean your area with windex to remove any dirt or moisture. Having a clean surface will ensure the decal sticks and lasts.
Applying the Decal
- Begin by applying a long piece of masking tape down the middle of your graphic, and place the decal on the surface using the tape. Using a tape measure, check that each side is level. Adjust the masking tape as needed until it is straightened.
2. With your left hand, take the right half of the decal and peel the backing toward the center tape line. Use scissors to cut off the paper backing up to the center tape line.
3. Starting in the center, apply the decal to your surface using a squeegee. Then remove the masking tape in the center.
4. Repeat the process on the left side, remembering to squeegee starting from the center.
5. Remove the transfer tape from the decal to reveal your finished piece!
Have Any Other Questions? We Can Help!
Have any other quesitons on how to install a decal? We are here to assist you with any of your signage needs. Call, email, or reach out to us on any of our social media platforms. #SignItDoesIt